В сообществе MobileNativeFoundation представитель Touchlab рассказал их наблюдения о том почему компании выбирают Kotlin Multiplatform.
Here's a selection of some reasons I've heard for choosing Kotlin Multiplatform as a native code sharing solution vs a cross-platform solution
- Must have strong offline capabilities
- Heavy reliance on device sensors
- Been burned by choosing cordova/react-native/xamarin in the past
- Don't want to reskill the team
- Want to focus on sharing business logic and don't want to retool UIs
- Maximizing the the value of code sharing is better than maximizing the amount of code sharing
- The risk of making the wrong choice (backing out of KMP can keep Android app, backing out of others means starting over)
- See the value of native UI for optimal customer experience
- Retain great devs who see the value in learning and using Swift, SwiftUI, Kotlin, and Jetpack Compose
- Apple's mobile investments and Google's Android investments are a more stable bet than Google's Flutter and other 3rd party solutions
- Don't want to introduce a 3rd platform (still need native devs with other solutions)
- Can use innovations from Apple and Google as soon as appropriate rather than waiting on 3rd party or community
- Current library choices don't have equivalents in other solutions, are less maintained, featureful, or would require taking on the work of making them work
А также на сайте Kotlin Multiplatform Mobile в разделе Case Studies можно прочитать детально о опыте использованя технологии в разных компаниях. Уже сейчас там есть компании VMWare, Autodesk, Yandex, Square, Philips, Netflix и другие, включая и нас, IceRock.